Valenrian is medicinal plant found in Europe and Asia with a whitish pink flower. Known as Sungadh Bala in India, the herb is most popularly used for treating sleep disorders. It is known to exhibit properties similar to anti-anxiety medications such as Xanax and Valium.
- Used to improve quality of sleep, especially in insomniacs.
- Eases menstrual cramps.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Helps regulate blood pressure levels.
- Reduces the severity and frequency of hot flashes in menopause.
- Add 1 teaspoon of valerian root to boiled water and steep for 10-15 minutes
- Consume 1 hour before going to sleep.