Juniper berries are not actually berries but berry-shaped cones produced by different species of Juniper. They are mostly the colour of blueberries. Found in Asia, Europe, and North America, its is used in the culinary world as a colouring agent and preservative. It is known as Aaraar and Hapusha in India.
- Rich in antioxidants, they eliminate harmful free radicals in the body.
- Rich in Vitamin C, they boost immunity.
- Reduces inflammation and improves skin health.
- Improves blood sugar and HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the body
- Relieves gastrointestinal irritation and improves bowel movements.
- Steep 1 teaspoon of whole juniper berry in a cup of boiled water for 15 minutes. Strain and serve.
- Consume twice a day.