Horehound is a medicinal plant indigenous to England. The wrinkled leaves have small white hairs on them, giving it the name White Horehound. In Hindi, it is called Pahari Gandana and can be found in the Himalays. It is a powerful remedy for cold and cough and is commonly used in cough medicines.
- Used for treating breathing difficulty, asthma, wheezing, and bronchitis.
- Eases pain from menstrual cramps.
- Provides relief against constipation, diarrhoea, gas, and bloating.
- May help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Treats skin conditions, ulcers, and open wounds.
- Steep in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.