Also known as purple coneflower, Echinacea is one of the most popular herbal remedies. It is used commonly to treat cold and flu, migraines, and inflammation, among other things. It belongs to the daisy family of flowers, and is native to eastern and central North America. Echinacea is used in many cold medications, and research has proven it is effective as a cure.
- Helps with the treatment of common cold, flu, nasal congestion and migraine
- Boosts immunity
- Good source of antioxidants
- Improves mood through aroma
- Extract juice after boiling in water
- Use as tea leaves
- Do not consume regularly to retain its benefits
- In case of a cold, start consuming at the first sign of the onset
- Rasa (taste): sweet
- Virya (action): heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Reduces Pitta and Kapha in the head and chest.