Damiana Leaves, also known as Turnera diffusa, come from a wild shrub that is native to subtropical regions such as Mexico, parts of South America, and the Caribbean. These leaves are generally consumed as an aphrodisiac to increase sexual desire. Apart from that, it also helps in the treatment of several common illnesses like constipation, headaches, or depression. It can also give a slight ‘high’ to whoever consumes it.
- Increases sexual arousal in both men and women
- Boosts mental and physical stamina
- Useful in treating urinary issues
- Suppresses appetite and aids weight loss
- Boil with water for 5 minutes, strain and consume the juice
- Can be added to tea for consumption
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, do not consume without a medical advisory.
- Rasa (taste): Bitter, Astringent
- Virya (action): Cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Pacifies Pitta and Kapha doshas