Burdock is a flowering plant with heart-shaped dark green leaves and a purple white flower. It is the root of the burdock that is used for its medicinal properties. Native to Europe and Asia, it is known as Jungali Kuth in India. The root is also consumed as a food in Japan and Korea.
- Rich in antioxidants, it eliminates harmful free radicals.
- It acts as a blood purifier.
- Treats skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
- Acts as a diuretic.
- Can be used to treat fever and cold.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried burdock roots to boiled water and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and serve.