Used heavily in Ayurvedic medicine, Bacopa monnieri or Brahmi Leaves have many great benefits for brain health. They regulate stress and anxiety, boost concentration and attention spans, and are even beneficial for people who live with ADHD. Brahmi is a therapeutic herb that is rich in antioxidants and is commonly known as WaterHyssop in Western medicine.
- Boosts memory and focus
- Reduces anxiety, panic, and stress levels
- Helpful for dealing with insomnia due to its calming effects
- Effective in regulating blood sugar for diabetic patients
- Can be consumed daily in the morning before food.
- Extract about 5ml of fresh juice from boiled Brahmi leaves.
- Add an equal quantity of water and drink.
- Rasa (taste): bitter, astringent
- Virya (action): cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Pacifies Tridoshas, especially effective for Pitta and Vata